Leighton Drilling Co. Provides Quality Water Treatment Systems
When looking to improve your hard water, you’ll need to decide between a water conditioner vs water softener. While many people may believe a water conditioner and water softener are interchangeable, they operate quite differently. Regardless of the system you choose to go with, removing hard water will prolong your water systems and appliances.
Water from either system is safe to drink and use around your home or business. Before choosing a water treatment system for your hard water, it is important to know the difference. This month, Leighton Drilling Co, will explain the difference between water conditioner vs water softener. When you are ready to decide or if you would like more information, call Leighton Drilling Co. at 724-548-1083 ext. 2.
Pros and Cons of Water Conditioner
Water Conditioner Pros:
- Alters the chemistry of various hard mineral particles for a certain amount of time
- Reduces scale build up in pipes from hard water
- Removes chemicals, viruses, and bacteria from water
- Uses less water than a water softener
Water Conditioner Cons:
- Cannot eliminate hard mineral particles from the water
- Does not prevent long-term scale build-up in appliances, faucets, and bathtubs
- Will not lower TDS (total dissolved solids) in your home’s or business’s water
Pros and Cons of Water Softener
Water Softener Pros:
- Eliminates hard mineral particles such as calcium and magnesium from your water
- Prevents scale build-up in your plumbing and appliances from hard water
- Decreases the amount of soap and detergent used
- Reduces dry skin irritation after showering or hand washing
Water Softener Cons:
- Cannot remove chlorine, herbicides, pesticides, or other harmful chemicals
- Unable to remove viruses or bacteria from water
- Does not make tap water healthier to drink
Learn more about water treatment, with Leighton Drilling Co. Call us today at 724-548-1083. Like us on Facebook for more great content. Our contractors take pride in helping our customers understand water conditioner vs water softener.